This is the third Government department investigation by the LLLP on behalf of Prime Minister Bodj. All in a effort to get a grip on Government finances in the wake of Coronapop.
The Department of Education review should be straight forward because teachers have to be good about explaining things. We had to use the 2018/19 Annual Accounts, because they were late handing in there home work for last year ! Worse still they seem to have copied a lot of the report from other Departments. Their’s is also full of “world beating” and “cross-cutting” language. This is not a very good start.
THE FACTS :- Total spend was around £ 107 billion.
- total employees ????? Is nowhere to be found
- 3.3 million pupils in secondary school, 4.7 million in primaries.
- 452,000 teachers. That’s about 16 pupils per teacher which is a lot lower than l thought. So there must be something wrong with the teachers counting.
- £45 billion is core funding for schools. So where’s all the rest gone. Perhaps the are not very good at arithmetic at the Department of Education.
LLLP PREJUDICES :-
- All pupils should be able to read, write and do basic maths before the leave school, also they need basic IT skills.
- Education standards have fallen over the years
- Educational bureaucracy is tying down teachers
- Teachers should be free to teach and inspire, and be fired if they don’t.
- Universities are full of overpaid part time lecturers and vices chancellors
- Trade Apprenticeships should be grant funded and made equivalent to degrees.
So here is the LLLP script for Bodj’s first TV quiz:-
After an extensive review of their work, I still don’t know what my Department of Education does. So my question for tonight is :- “Should I abolish the central Government body altogether and use the money to employ more teachers, give IPads to every pupil and pay down the Coronapop debt ?”
BBC ELECTION FORECAST RESULTS :-
Keep them —- 5%
Sack them —— 95%
Projected Coronapop Saving £ 107 billion.
Thats the end of tonight’s programme, we would like to thank the Secretary of State — Gavin Williamson —for resigning so quickly🤡e