Today Whitey Bear found a box on a shelf in the study which Uncle Den had made. The box had a lock, so Whitey thought “it must contain something valuable”. Sadly when he opened it was completely empty.
This was a puzzle for all the bears because it led them to question what they were going to do if they ever manage to empty some of the many boxes. So Big Ted called a Bear conference and these are some of the ideas that the Tidy Bear Team came up with for using empty boxes:-
- Patch suggested “Put them in one of the sheds until de-cluttering comes around again. John has already done some of this but the sheds are getting full up”.
- Holly Bear said “Give them away to a young person who is just beginning to collect clutter ” 😀
- Pyjama Bear thought it would be a good idea to “Fill them with ties, summer clothes, loose change, odd socks, all bank papers and everything else John has de-cluttered in the past year. Then bury them in the garden for future generations to find and treasure.”
- Peter Rabbit, who is the very clever one of the team said “Stand on an empty box at speakers corner outside Hyde Park and lecture people about CLUTTER” 🙂
- Cuddly Bear thought it would be a good idea to “Use them to wrap Christmas presents in or make a ‘lucky dip’ box with spare bottles of wine and whisky to give to charity.” 😀
- Big Ted made a wise observation to “Leave them around the house and enjoy knowing there is empty space somewhere 😀……….. or