I haven’t thought about clutter much recently, except every day when I am looking for something, —– which is most days! I haven’t blogged about clutter for even longer, in fact it was 2013. (You can see the posts by clicking on ” clutter” in the Tag Cloud )
- Living a simple life is difficult to do unless you are ruthlessly efficient at throwing things away. EVERYDAY.
- It requires complete and constant concentration on the question —————- ————— “DO I NEED THIS ?”
- It applies to everything ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING. — The next thing through your door – news papers, letters, flyers, junk-mail, obviously not people, or at least most people😄 I am not forgetting emails, but at least they are up in the clouds until they rain down one you one day.
- But also, everything that has come through your door in the past that you did not throw away at the time and now fills up your drawers, your cupboards, any spare shelf space, spare rooms, attics, the garage, all the sheds in your garden and even space in friends garages.
- You can even hire storage space in a warehouse to keep things you might need in the future.
- It sounds like the house is untidy — it’s not. The clutter is hidden away.
- But it is there, I know it is there and it bugs me from time to time, when I remember it, or when I can’t find something I know I have put somewhere,but don’t remember where😟
I am going to have an all out attack on my clutter and clear the clouds of clutter dust that are engulfing me. It won’t be quick, it won’t be easy, it will take time and determination, there will be setbacks and anguish along the way as I discard accumulated bits of history.
But I can do it.
I know I can.
Well I think I can.
I will start tomorrow.
Or maybe the day after?