- Justice takes too long to deliver.
- Legal aid is a gravy train for lawyers.
- Reduced sentences are justice denied.
- Too many prisoners reoffend.
- Just doing time for a crime is not enough redress.
- Proceeds of crime and substantial damages for victims should be fully repaid before release.
SOME FACTS :-
- The MoJ costs £ 8.1 billion annually.
- There are 25,000 people in prison.
- 10,000 Offenders are on probation serving community sentences.
- There are 22,000 prison officers.
- 3456 probation officers.
- 6543 staff at MoJ.
- a zillion lawyers making a mint.
LLLP script for Bodj TV broadcast :-
“I am going to be the next great prison reformer. Prisoners must pay for their crimes. Literally ! £5,000 for shoplifting; £10,000 for each burglary ; £100,000 for GBH ; £1,000,000 for murder ; etc. On top of this they must pay for their hotel stay in our luxurious prisons …… and compensate their victims.
They will be paid minimum wage when serving their time, but they will be expected to work at all the jobs nobody else wants to do :- sorting our waste; recycling our nuclear waste somehow; untieing knots in string; tieing knots in string; cleaning graffiti off walls ( except for Banksy ). When they have finished their term, they will then have to do a years voluntary service to pay their debt to society.”
“ A year or two of this and I expect there to be a lot less crime. Then we will be able to do without most of the lawyers”
FORECAST SAVING : £ 9.2 billion.