The Last Laugh Looney Party is still looking at Government expenditure and has now turned it attention to the HMRC. Cloaked in Her Majesty’s name, but more commonly called “the Taxman”.
Once you start to work these guys follow around for the rest of your life, like a Mafia protection racket extorting your hard earned money off you. They want a percentage of every thing you earn and everything you buy. They will even turn up at your funeral to see what is left to take off you.
Their 2018/19 Annual Report proudly declares that they collected or extorted £ 627.9 BILLION from their “customers”. They have an army of enforcers that total 58,700 with powers to imprison you if you don’t cough up. Unless your name is Amazon or Phillip Green, in which you don’t pay.
They explain clearly what they do in 24 volumes of tax manuals. That is why they had 42 million phone calls from people wanting to understand why almost half their income was going back to the Government in taxes. You just need to pay an accountant to translate it all for you and then if you get a rebate it will probably pay the accountants fees.
The LLLP has a radical solution provided their recommended reforms of other Government expenditure are implemented. With less spending and less civil servants we won’t need so much tax to be collected.
LLLP TAX PRINCIPLES :-
- Everybody pays some tax towards common good like health, education and security. ( not including the BBC )
- Taxation must be simple to understand and difficult to avioid.
- Don’t tax people only to give it back later, except for state pension.
- Focus tax on sales, so the more you buy the more you pay.
- Tax on income is a disincentive to growth.
LLLP TAX PROPOSALS :-
- 10% income tax and no National Insurance upto £100,000.
- 20% sales tax on anything that moves.
- 50 % inheritance tax on over £1 million. Spend it before you go!
- No more.
- Prison for people who don’t pay. Especially Amazon and Phillip Green and their accountants.
This will mean there will be a lot less revenue for the Government to spend on our behalf, so they will have to slim down their ambitions significantly. On the positive side people will have a lot more of their own money to spend as they wish.
Nor will we need 58,700 tax collectors or a zillion tax dodging accountants, they can all go to South America to plant trees!
ESTIMATED SAVING £500,000,000,000 and an Amazon forest.