I have now been decluttering for TWO MONTHS and what have I achieved ?
- a slightly tidier office, but it still looks cluttered ☹️
- a lot of empty box files — an awful lot 😩
- Half finished clutter in the study ☹️
- A shed full of black bags full of rubbish 😩
- A few less books 😔
- A little less whiskey 😋
But it’s a slog, no doubt about it! Is it worth it ? Does it spark joy?
Answer NO. I’m almost beginning to like clutter —- well almost but not really.
Let’s look at the positives :-
- I have a bookfull of blog posts out of it 😀
- My office desk is clear —- well half clear 🙃
- I have emptied a lot of box files mostly into the bin for recycling, so I may preserve a rain forest or two 😇
- I have got shot of a heck of a lot of age-old confidential paper work, by burning it in my new incinerator. I hate paperwork, but I do love bonfires and now I am one or two steps closer to a paperless office 😁
- I have some unread books to read that I had forgotten about 😋
- A lot of long forgotten photographs of family and friends 😀😀😀
- I like burning papers in my new incinerator —- especially BANK PAPERS — it feels like I am getting my own bank for all that junk mail —- and for rock bottom interest rates 😀😀😀😀
So now I have got that off my chest. I need another bigger effort at decluttering. I have got to give away, throw away or tidy away much more ruthlessly, if I am going to create more space in my life. I will post two blogs a week on decluttering from now on until I have finished.
I will bloody well get there if it kills me ! And ………
BONFIRES SPARK JOY 😀😀😀😀😀
Any ideas of what to do with spare box files ?