It is now three months since I started my war on clutter. It is time to review how I am getting on, because it is taking a lot of time and effort and things don’t seem a lot different.
So is is worth all the hassle?
- Well it has given me something to do around the house in the winter, when I can’t get out in the garden. That’s a start 😀
- I don’t miss anything I have got rid of and I enjoyed the bonfires of paperwork 😀
- There are a few spaces beginning to open up on shelves and in drawers, so long as I don’t find things to fill them up again 😀
- My sock drawers are a JOY to use, but that is the only small victory so far 😀
- Oh and I have found some long lost photographs and several interesting books to relook at 😀
- I have a plan for what to do with surplus socks in future, — and pins, paper clips, etc . 😀
- I will never need to buy any envelopes ever again — and I have still got lots of purple box files to give away 😀
BUT on the downside :-
- My biggest disappointment is my office ☹️😩😨😤 I have cleared tons of stuff out of it and yet it still looks a mess. In some senses it is tidier — things are filed away, there’s no pending tray, a lot less box files ( although a few still survive ). The trouble is that the loose ends are still in my head 😩
- On the wardrobe front I still have many more clothes than I need and even though my summer clothes are now more neatly stored in boxes, I would have to wear a different outfit every day for a year before I used them all. Mind you you that would save on a lot of washing ☹️
- Then there are my garden sheds, I have left them until it gets warmer. But that is a mountain to climb. Probably quite literally 😧
So I guess I just have to keep on schucking and chucking and plucking and ducking and —-ing and hopefully a lot more tucking.