Dentistry 2

My last blog was about toothache and the simply wonderful way I was treated in my early years experience in the completely free NHS.   In fact I enjoyed it so much that I didn’t go again for another 25 years.

Now just as I was plucking up the courage to go for another regular 25 year check up I find that the NHS does not do teeth any more.    At least not in more than half the country and in the other half you have to go on a waiting list for 6 months —— not exactly ideal if you have raging toothache.

The NHS Choices website is a source of useless information —- it tells you that in 40% of the country dentists are not accepting new NHS patients and in the other 60% they don’t have any information.   That’s a great choice when you are in agony.

You could of course go private, but not if you are a new patient and want free NHS treatment.    Private dentists have got to keep up their standards —- of living that is.     And anyway if you have read my last blog you will know they are all called Miles or Dr Mengele.  And they don’t give you chloroform any more.     Sounds like torture to me!

Perhaps I won’t bother with that check up after all 😬

This entry was posted in N.H.S., SMILES. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Dentistry 2

  1. David Freeman says:

    Well well well? It depends upon whether one requires immediate relief, or a tooth fairy one can trust! My life up to now at 75 is not a complaint against the nhs : but the personal choice of a practitioner when found I can trust.
    Like the optician one is partly responsible for how one looks after oneself, and these parts of the body? If in emergency then I am sure the nhs will come to ones aid?
    I still like a friendly tooth fairy, and these are difficult to find, and to whom I can trust my dental hygiene.

  2. David Freeman says:

    HelloHello

  3. davidwfreeman237 says:

    Hello answer

  4. davidwfreeman237 says:

    Cqc
    The December report 2017 by the Cqc inspectors interim report makes very interesting reading with respect to how the services by the NHS and SOCIAL SERVICES, inter relate with respect to after hospital emergency care.
    The report may suggest that the care Organisations should offer a higher rate of pay to ensure that the staff are both retained and rewarded for their dedication. Again the report states that the local services pay the minimum rates.
    This is a difficult problem to resolve, as the reported is dedicated to the elderly, and that posses the unstated emotional problem of who pays? Most elderly have paid taxes and national insurance throughout their working life, with modern medical treatment the average of death has increased into the late 80,s years of life, and patients and families expect this to be the norm. Expectations are very high? How do we feel as individuals?
    Should we be prepared to accept without hesitation the increase in personable age before drawing a pension, and further if one retires in good health should we be considering supplementary payment while in retirement if we have survived personable state pension for say 10 years {age 78say}, to help defray such medical and social costs,
    Do we all need to reconsider in our working life our time in retirement, and not have such high expectations as or for total state support in our total retirement period? Answers on a postcard please.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s