This is a continuation of the LLLP solution to the current Brexit stalemate.
The stumbling block in the Brexit negotiations seems to have been the “ backstop”, or perhaps it was a bust-up, or more likely a buckstop. The Last Laugh Looney Party answer is not to bother with an agreement at all, then we don’t need a backstop. SIMPLE 😀
Having banished all the politicians to foreign parts they can huff and puff all they like, but it won’t change anything. The LLLP Caretaker Government will not rush into anything for a while, they will wait and see how Europe responds to Britain closing the channel tunnel. This will provide a cooling off period, which should help with global warming.
The next step will be a series of LLLP Weekly Referendums, open to all UK citizens over the age of ten, except for politicians stranded abroad and criminals living in Spain. Here are some of the first questions :-
- Should politicians living abroad still be paid a salary?
- Should the sun shine every day ?
- Should we all have a lot more money ?
- Should we all have free ice cream every day to combat global warming ?
- Should we all wear funny hats on a Friday to celebrate our independence ?
- Should traffic lights be switched to red on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays to save the planet from pollution ?
Our politicians are never going to be able to answer these key questions so the LLLP will ask the people to vote by phone each week, (just like Strictly ) and the results will be announced on TV on Sunday night and be implemented on the following Monday.
THERE WILL BE MORE LAST LAUGH LOONEY PARTY “DAFT IDEAS” TO CHEER US UP IN THE FOLLOWING WEEKS.