- This is my first progress report on my 2019 decluttering plan. The first thing to say is as of yet I haven’t decluttered anything but I need to start out with a strategy and a plan. So here goes:-c
- We only need a maximum of one years supply of anything;
- But, we don’t need a years supply of everything;
- Nothing should remain in a box for more than one year;
- That will give us lots of storage space and lots of boxes to throw away;
- Then we will have more space in the home.
- Empty wardrobe boxes of clothes not worn for a year;
- Turn around winter / summer wardrobe, taking stuff off rails and into empty boxes;
- Give away clothes not used in the last year to charity shop;
- Throw last years’ paperwork away, one file at a time;
- File in-tray paperwork into now emptied files;
- Burn old bank paperwork and invoices.
- Throw yesterdays papers away TODAY
FIRST PROGRESS REPORT. “NOT MUCH PROGRESS”
1 am obviously better at talking about it than doing it. Still I have a chance of catching up in the next few weeks
P. S. I have got rid of all the Christmas wrapping paper and a heap of cardboard before it had time to become clutter. That’s ‘preventative de-cluttering’ I suppose.