Christmas is rapidly approaching and our politicians have sent out all their cards — although they call them manifestos. They are full of New Year resolutions which they will drop after a week or so. They have also promised loads of presents for everyone, which will turn out to be empty boxes when you unwrap them. I hasten to add that all these presents are being bought with our own money.
So just before you vote, consider these promises by the Last Laugh Looney Party if we are elected we promise :-
- Everyone will benefit from a new national minimum wage of £100,000 a year.
- We will introduce a one day working week —- one day.
- We will train 1 million new doctors, 1 million new nurses and a billion new hospital administrators, so that just about everyone can work in the NHS.
- We will build a zillion new homes, although none of them will be in your back yard.
- We welcome climate change so we can have sunny days every day, except in Scotland where it will rain until they vote out the SNP.